Irem studied dentistry in istanbul and qualified in 2009. She has completed further 5-year postgraduate clinical training and PhD in Oral Surgery & Implantology in 2014 and has published her studies in international journals. Irem moved to the UK and registered with the GDC in 2016 after passing the Overseas Registration Exam.
She has worked at various dental practices in the UK as a general dentist, oral surgeon and implant dentist and has more than 10 years of experience in dentistry and implants. She has attended many postgraduate courses, and scientific meetings to keep her knowledge up to date. She is currently working as a Specialty Dentist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department in St. George’s Hospital.
She has special interest in dental implants, oral surgery, and surgical extractions and has comlpeted a PhD Thesis (2014): A comparative evaluation of pain, anxiety and inferior alveolar nerve damage between piezosurgery and conventional surgical techniques in surgical extraction of third molar teeth.
– Effects of different suture materials on tissue healing. Selvi F, Cakarer S, Can T, Kirli Topcu SI, Palancioglu A, Keskin B, Bilgic B, Yaltirik M, Keskin C. J Istanbul Univ Fac Dent. 2016; 50(1):35-42. = – Piezosurgery and classical surgical techniques in surgical extraction of third molar teeth. K Irem, P Alen, M Yaltirik, Y İlhan. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2015;44(1):308.
– Investigation of the risk factors associated with the survival rate of dental implants. Cakarer S, Selvi F, Can T, Kirli I, Palancioglu A, Keskin B, Yaltirik M, Keskin C. Implant Dent, 2014 Jun;23(3):328-33. – Non-syndromic multiple impacted supernumerary teeth: two case reports. Kirli I, Palancioglu A, Yaltirik M. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2013;42(10):1240
– A comparative evaluation of pain and anxiety levels in 2 different anesthesia techniques: locoregional anesthesia using conventional syringe versus intraosseous anesthesia using a computer-controlled system (Quicksleeper). Ozer S, Yaltirik M, Kirli I. Oral Surgery Oral Medicine Oral Pathology Oral Radiology, 2012;114(5):132-9.
– Management of oligodontia with one-piece (3.0 mm) dental implants: a case report. Can T, Kirli S, Cakarer S, Mutlu D, Palancioglu A, Gur H, Yaltirik M, Keskin C. Journal of Turkish Society of Oral Implantology, November, 2011(12);2.
– Fibromyxoma of the mandible in childhood: a case report. Kirli I, Palancioglu A, Koray M, Yaltirik M. Oral Diseases 2012;18:36-36.
5 Fun facts about Dr Irem:
Favourite pastime: watching her favourite movies again and again
Favourite food: mediterranean food (particularly Turkish and Greek cuisine)
Favourite aspect of the job: keeping learning new things, improving her skills and keeping up to date with continuous professional education
Unique fact: she was a biology geek in high school years, competing in biology olympiads
One word to describe: perfectionist
Back to Team